Sunday, January 9, 2011

Deflates for easy storage

In a few minutes, frozen precipitation will fall onto the ground around me.

Soon, my wife and I will eat homemade potato soup.  For dessert, I will munch on some See's Candies Toffee-ettes (r).

I thank Stephen King for mentioning Microwave Dave and the Nukes.

I thank Moe's BBQ for last night's dinner and Beverly at the Broken Egg for great service at lunch today.  Walmart and Publix provided emergency supplies for the next few days of cabin fever (a good kind of fever as in "Fever in the morning, fever all through the night," etc.; not the cabin fever of "The Shining").  Mike's Merchandise provided some fun stuff to play with at home, including coffee cups to use for hot cocoa and an inflatable back rest to keep my back from popping out when I lay flat on the bed.

Thanks to the young woman at Merriam-Webster for the video on the word "gridiron."

Thanks to Tony Jones for stepping up and leading the young men at the University of Tennessee in their performances on the basketball court for an octet of games.

Thanks to the Muslims acting as human shields during Coptic Christmas.

Thanks to the 10-year old Canadian who discovered a new feature of our view of the universe around us.

Always thanking people for their past actions, have you noticed?

Instead, I'll thank the police officers living on my street for their future good deeds.

I thank the parents who will give their children positive encouragement to lead others into the fantastic future ahead of them (Rainbow, that includes you).

I will be lost in thought for the next few days so if I don't thank you for your actions around me in the moment, know that I appreciate what you're doing even if I don't mention it here.

The Committee reminds me there's a world to run in this solar system and I won't always have time to see and remember the people, places and things within my normal stimuli range.

What a shame, isn't it?

If I can't be the person I was born, how can I be the person I am meant to be?

That's enough of the words on a page.  Time to get lost.

Get lost, Rick! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment