Friday, January 7, 2011

If not flying is okay with John Madden, it's okay with me

Who said, "You know your situation in life when burglars break into your house, can't find anything worth stealing, and leave stuff for you"?

But isn't that the story of Santa Claus?

Ho, ho ho.

Just like Halloween is the story about teaching kids to go door-to-door and beg for food?

One last "gift" from the night my car was stuck in wet leaves - poison ivy from an old pair of gloves I wore.

Just when I thought I'd put the Committee of 7.5 behind me, they tell me there's a vacancy they just can't fill with anyone else but me.

First order of business:
  • Analyse the contents of dead birds' stomachs and lungs to determine their nesting place of origin and their seasonal (if not exact) time of death.  Keep samples of their blood for more detailed scientific analysis in the future.
  • Same for fish.

Second order of business:
  • Read over the Committee's historic diversionary tactics / viral advert campaigns to see if there's anything new and fun to keep the general populace happily swimming in their roped-off lanes.

Of course, I know the Committee is attempting to divert me from other pressing business but that's okay.  Time is on my side.

After all, the Committee clearly stated that wanting me on their team because of my lack of concern for daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly profits was their only reason.

Or so they keep on insisting.

Reveals that they won't tell me the real reason.

A nod out to a former primary schoolmate, Greg Sims.  I'm glad I knew you years ago and I'm still amazed at your talent for composing film scores (in fact, I'm envious).  It is folks like you and Borodin, a professor of chemistry in his day, who inspire me to continue writing in public view.

Thanks to Kimberly at Beauregard's.

No comments:

Post a Comment