Thursday, January 6, 2011

Narrative Interruptus Ruptured

Do I recall the first time I was able to fully apply the lessons that the combined guru/minister/jester had taught me over the span of many, many years?

It was a revelation.

Sure, that word is overused but it applies generously to the affected areas.

In the modern era, one does not read a book or novel the old-fashioned way, from first page to last page in sequence.

Instead, one gets a copy of the author's original electronic document and reads the change log from back to front.

Much more insightful reading of the story, watching it unfold from one editing session to another in reverse time.

Chapters disappearing and appearing.

Verb tense loosening and tensing.

Characters firming up and changing character.

My GMJ has taught me that the working memory of others is more important than the narratives they attempt to act out and show to others.

Very few of us live only in the moment.

Most of us carry the past with us that acts like a virtual stern authoritative figure telling us what to do all the time.

If I am to celebrate true freedom, to see life unencumbered, then I am to forget the past's influence on the present and act anyway I please.

That's why I choose not to lead, only to observe and report.

I am similar to but not the same as the person you saw a moment ago.

I am simply the states of energy in and around me, unattached to offspring.

Your labels are your own to apply to your ancestors and descendants.

Who am I?

I am not.

That's the secret to letting go.

Simple as that.

Then there were two.

[One more to go and then the truth is revealed.  Can you handle the truth?  Or, more importantly, will you see the truth through the filter of your experiences?]

No comments:

Post a Comment