Sunday, January 9, 2011

Frees Sticky Mechanisms

Knowledge in the hands of the uninformed is the phrase on the table in front of the Committee this morning.

I want to disagree with the general consensus in the room that centers around levels of training.

I have the report from my programmers to present.

I also have a deadline to meet.

I have a chapter to finish writing that's supposed to be fully researched and linked to the chapters I've already submitted.

How do I connect Chabrier's EspaƱa to Aure Atika and WD40 without sounding quirky?

How do I maintain the narrative that seven billion can understand while disconnecting myself from the narrative's influence on the surroundings through which I choose to take the path toward/from natural end of life?

After all, that which cannot be named cannot be named.

Maybe the truth is the same way.

Maybe I'm still carrying the tiny portion of the message that can only be understood 10,000 years from now, no matter how much I want to be the final messenger (the last part an indication of my burden of narcissism, hypnotised by my own wonderful/marvelous/handsome reflection of the message that is not mine?).

I want to stop seeing life from ten steps forward and ten steps back, not be able to project 1000 years into the future, throw away all my electronic gizmos, drop my network of associates and say I have no clue what's going to happen next.

And remind myself that this is a blogged storyline about a parallel universe that appears to line up with the real world.

But at the same time remember that this blog and these words are part of the real world they try to repudiate or separate themselves from.

The continuous, humourous hall of mirrors showing us the distortions that hopefully make us laugh at ourselves, macabre or normal as we can appear to each other at times.

If not, then there's no reason to be here.

I don't always get what I want and usually I'm cool with that.  When I'm not, I'm not, no reason to do more about worldly wants and desires.

The Committee Chair has called us back to order.

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment